The 1 Thing Real Brides Would Have Changed About Their Weddings

02:49 0 Comments

I'm in the middle of planning a wedding, and it recently struck me that I am surrounded by ton of married people whom I can mine for free advice. I turned to the brides in my life and asked one question: if they could do their weddings all over again, what would they have done differently? I was actually surprised to hear a few of the answers, but you can bet I'll be take each bit of advice into consideration. Here's what they wish they could have changed about their big days!

Spent less money on flowers.

"I tried to incorporate more decorative elements on my tables in addition to the flowers, but who's really paying attention? I went to a wedding that did fake flowers and they were able to do more with their centerpieces!" - Michelle

Been a bit more selfish.

"I didn't ask for nearly as much help as I should've. But it's hard to delegate tasks when you have a creative vision on how everything should be. My husband and I are both marketing professionals so we treated it like it was a campaign." - Michelle

Bought more blankets.

"We swapped chairs for blankets for our friends at the ceremony. We wanted it to be super casual. Following the ceremony, people grabbed the blankets and moved them over to the carnival/reception area to hang. I wished we'd bought way more blankets for people so that they could've sat down and had a picnic if they wanted." - Rebecca

Budgeted for a wedding planner.

"I thought of it as an unnecessary extravagance, but since there are so many little things you don't even realize you have to do in the planning of a massive event, it would have been 100 percent worth it to have someone handling every nitty-gritty detail." - Shannon

Spent less time taking pictures.

"We spent so much time after the wedding on pictures and, honestly, only a few of them have seen the light of day. And we especially didn't need a million pics of different groups of different family members. We missed our whole cocktail hour because of it, and I remember being annoyed by it in the moment." - Lauren

Had a different maid of honor!

"She was my BFF for years, since junior high, and our relationship went sour right before I asked her. I thought it would help our relationship, but it turned out bad. Shh . . . don't tell her!" - Anonymous

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 commentaires: