Eating Sugar May Be the Sneaky Cause of Your Skin Problems

20:28 0 Comments

You know the sweet person and the salty person? Well, I'm definitely the former. I'll take gooey chocolate chip cookies over zesty chips any day. But after learning via my doctor that I have sensitivity to sugar (I metabolize it at an abnormally fast rate), I had to cut back on the treats. And once I did, well, guess what started looking brighter and better? My skin.

We've already learned a ton about how food affects your skin, with dairy and gluten being two major inflammation triggers. In many ways, diet is a more potent skin care "regiment" than the creams and serums you use. What is ingested appears on your skin, be it in the form of acne, dullness, or wrinkles. A healthy gut results in a natural glowing face - no Botox or filler needed!

"The skin is our largest organ, and therefore, if there is imbalance or inflammation going on internally, we often see it show up externally on our skin," said Dr. Lipman of the Be Well brand. "With sugar having such an inflammatory effect on the body, contributing to dysbiosis, candida overgrowth, and other gut imbalances, sugar intake is often something we take a look at when patients have any kind of skin irritations, inflammation, or imbalances."

Keep reading to learn why you need to cut back on the sweets and what to eat instead.

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 commentaires: